Last weekend I traveled to Mexico for my sister's destination wedding. This trip was just what I needed, spending time with family, relaxing on the beach and participating in the wedding was pure bliss! The wedding was held at the beautiful Finest Playa Mujeres all inclusive resort. (http://www.finestresorts.com) The picture above is a shot of the swim out pool suites at the resort. I'm definitely planning on returning this year to enjoy the resort more.
Here are some quick tips to consider before traveling abroad:
- Download WhatsApp on your iPhone or Android for free communication. My family and I used this app the entire time we traveled for calls, group messages and photos. It's FREE, so you don't have worry about roaming charges with your cellular provider.
- Make a copy of your passport. It's a good idea to have a copy of your passport just in case you misplace it and need to provide proof of citizenship.
- Get the hotel business card just in case you get lost, having the address and phone number will be helpful.
- Notify your bank prior to international travel to avoid your card being denied. Logon to your bank's website and with a few clicks you can inform your bank of the dates you'll be traveling.
- Check the U.S Passport & International Travel website, it's a wealth of knowledge.
- Pack an extra set of clothes in your carry-on just in case your luggage gets lost.
Welcome to the Posh way of life!